Saturday, November 05, 2005

A Brilliant Day!

What a brilliant fall day! The temperature is hovering around eighty degrees and I have all my windows open. It feels like spring redux and I am really enjoying it. I have been in a melancholy mood for a few days and this weather was needed to lift my spirits. It certainly has done the trick.

I walked down to the shopping center earlier. George was busy drinking beer and talking shit. I had my fair share of beer as well. George seemed to have boundless pockets today and was buying all the beer we could drink. We both sat in his car imbibing while smoking cheap cigars. George seems to think I do not get laid enough (I haven’t been “laid” in over a year I confessed) and wanted to set me up with this certain black lady he knows. He thinks that black women are better sexually then white women.

“I have told you before that there ain’t no pussy like black pussy!” George said excitedly.

I reminded him I have been to bed with a black woman once and she wasn’t all that great.

“How ‘bout I pick you up tonight and we go over to Pookie’s house?” George asked. “We can be playin’ some cards, drinkin’ some beers, and I can introduce you to her sexy ass.”

From what I have heard about Pookie from the gang is that she can be a crack fiend and will sleep with anyone with a few dollars in their pocket. Many times those dollars will be taken without permission; pilfered, if you wish. That was not my idea of a “hot date” or “sexy ass” for that matter.

“No thanks, man,” I replied. “I think I will stay home tonight and catch a few football games.”

George pleaded with me to get out and about. I had to decline many times. I smoked one last cigar and thanked George for his generosity today with beer and smokes and headed on home.

No comments: