Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Hot Buttered Biscuits

Even though the time has changed, I am still on my normal schedule. I get up well before dawn and start my day. The first thing I do is start a pot of coffee and take a shower.

For breakfast, I cooked a pan of hot buttered biscuits and ate them with strawberry preserves and some bacon on the side. I made the dough the night before and put it in a wooden bowl covered with a dish cloth. All I had to do this morning was to roll the dough out and cut the biscuits and put them on a slightly greased pan. I learned this tip from staying the many weekends last fall with my great aunt.

Today, I have to go get a haircut and dread this with every fiber of my being. It is just one of my phobias. My stomach will be in a knot until this ordeal is overcome. I don’t really need one as my hair is not too long so I don’t know why I am putting myself through this. I guess I just want to get it over with.

I did manage to walk down to the Pig yesterday for my usual snack. I saw George and he was working on one of his vehicles out in the parking lot. George has a string of old, beat up cars. His preferred ride is his 1981 Dodge Diplomat as that is the most reliable car out of the bunch. Yesterday, for some reason he was driving his mid-seventies Ford Thunderbird; a gas guzzling relic from times long past when gas was less than a dollar a gallon. I call the Thunderbird George’s “battle cruiser” as it a huge old hulk of a car.

George is the grapevine for everything that occurs down in the shopping center where the Pig resides. Over a few beers George told me that someone had complained about HIV/AIDS Guy’s overly aggressive panhandling. The police had arrived and searched him. They found his crack pipe and busted him for drug paraphernalia so he will be in jail for quite awhile unless he can come up with bail.

I know this may sound mean, but having the dude in jail will make for a much more pleasant experience in visiting the Pig. HIV/AIDS Guy was over the top he was so aggressive with his methods and damned aggravating for sure. The sad thing is that this stint in jail will do nothing to deter him from that wretched pipe. This “war on drugs” is a joke and a monumental waste of tax payer’s money.

No comments: