Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Exhaustion

What an exhausting day! My great aunt is obsessed with the fiasco that was great aunt Jessie’s death and the surrounding issues regarding the will. Uncle Bob somehow managed to keep all the money and has refused to give any to his step children. My great aunt talked for hours about this. The details grew more and more exaggerated the more she talked about it. She is under the assumption that Uncle Bob got a lawyer to doctor the will. She was also supposed to get all of Aunt Jessie’s clothes and Uncle Bob refused. This pissed her off as well. Who would want an elderly dead lady’s clothes? The thought of wearing them makes me shudder.

My great aunt lives way out in the country in a small town on the other side of this county. I had to drive all the way out there and pick her up and then drive back here to the doctor’s office. We then had to wait three hours to visit the doctor. There is nothing more exhausting to me than sitting around in doctor’s waiting rooms. They did an EKG on her and didn’t find anything wrong. Doc thinks she must have just had some muscle spasms in her side that scared her. She had been sweeping the floor vigorously when the pain started and after all she is eighty-eight years old. I then had to repeat both long drives again for a total of 128 miles driven today. I didn’t get home until well after dark.

Pipe, I did get my injection yesterday. It is a rather long story so I will try to keep it concise. My doctor is very, very close friends with my father. He learned from Andrea, his nurse that I didn’t show up for my injection yesterday and personally called my father at work. Dad had my mother come over immediately and force me to go get my injection which extremely embarrassed me. She drove me down there.

It is hard to explain, but if I ever get off my medications for an extended period of time (say two or three days) then it becomes intoxicating. It is hard for me to get back on them. I start to get delusions that my family is trying to control my mind by forcing me to take them. It is a vicious cycle. The Thanksgiving holiday is what ultimately got all this screwed up as my doctor’s office had an extended closure over the holidays and the time for my injection fell on that period.

On my car camping experiment, I am still going to keep my home at first and do this gradually I think. It will take a few weeks until I become acclimated to this lifestyle. At first, my family will be none the wiser. I will have all preparations in place before truly beginning this journey and letting my family know of my decision. I will still have my apartment to fall back on in case of emergency for many weeks to come. I am going to be smart about this. I not just going to run out and start living in my car overnight. I may even change my mind if gets too cold and is much harder to bear than I realized.

On the good news front, I did get one of my older laptops to boot up and recognize my wi-fi card. My card connected to my wireless router. This means that I will be able to get on the web twenty four hours a day at a local Krystals restaurant that offers free wireless access in town. That was one of my biggest worries about my upcoming experiment; not having ready access to the internet. Problem solved.

No comments: