Monday, November 28, 2005

Sleepless in the Valley

(Late night ramblings of a sleepless blogger.)

My sleeping habits are all screwed up. I sleep in spurts. I will be up for about four hours and sleep four hours. I don’t know what has got me on this routine. Maybe the holidays and no work? It is 3 a.m. in the morning and I am wide awake.

Tomorrow at 9 a.m. is my injection of risperdal consta. I have been obsessing all night over what to wear. I have to wear easy access clothing as I get my shot in the bum. It is too cold for my usual athletic pull-up shorts I wear. If I wear blue jeans then that means I have to unbutton my pants and pull them down; a highly embarrassing proposition. I wish my life was simpler in regards to these things. I also wish I just didn’t give a shit about what my nurse thinks. I am extremely modest when it comes to exposing my ass.

A few months ago, my nurse injected my shot into the small of my back by neglect or accident instead of the ole derriere. Now, a large, tight lump has formed there. I mentioned it to my brother, but downplayed the concern over it. He flew back to San Diego without ever looking at it. My mind races at the thoughts that it may be cancer, but it doesn’t hurt at all. It just feels weird and occasionally I will rub it to see if it has grown.

You know what I would like most in the world about now? A large thin-crust double pepperoni pizza from Papa John’s. Alas, they are closed. I love to dip the pieces in the ranch sauce you can order as I eat them. I can almost taste that cheese and pepperoni now. My stomach grumbles loudly at the prospect. They open tomorrow at 11 a.m. and I think as soon as I cash my weekly “payday” check, I will pay them a visit.

No comments: