Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Journals as Confessional Mediums

Everyday, I say I am going to quit blogging. Everyday, I keep on writing.

I find it odd that I share things on this journal with people I will never meet. I share things that I would never share with people in my actual life. I see this on many other journals as well. I could have never written about certain things like my drinking or smoking or the Piggly Wiggly groupies for that matter and everyone who stopped by would get to read a completely different version of my life. I would probably have more readers as well. To share these moments in my life almost feels as if I am releasing it or letting it go. It can be addictive. It also helps if you don’t have your real name, photo, or email address plastered across your blog. I certainly wouldn’t want more meddlesome cousins stopping by to read and reporting everything I was doing back to my significant others.

I worked all morning on an essay about universal health care; a subject that hits close to home as my medical costs are outrageous. I actually did quite a bit of research and got other author’s ideas and quotes. I tried to stay away from the mainstream media when getting information this morning. I don’t think I will post it though. I don’t want to turn this blog into another rant blog like so many others I read. I just don’t think you all would want to read my grander ideas on such subjects. There are so many authors who are more knowledgeable, eloquent, and better spoken. It was fun writing it though and I learned a great deal from my research.

No comments: