Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Operation Freedom

(To Di: sorry I was asleep when you called yesterday. I appreciate your concern and your calls very much. I know I sounded terrible when you spoke to me. My mind was still fuzzy from the beer I had drunk and I was still half asleep. I hope to talk to you again soon, but it may be in a few weeks.)

__________________________


Within the next few days I will embark upon a journey of discovery. Today, I have to take my great aunt to the doctor and it will be an all afternoon affair. Tomorrow I will start my preparations for living in my car for an extended term.

I think I have everything worked out. I will use a local library for internet access. I also have two very old laptops with a wi-fi access card. Maybe I can get one of them to work again. I have to get a gym membership for my showers and shaves. I will take care of that tomorrow depending on their plans and how expensive they are. I will use the local coin operated Laundromat to wash and dry my clothes. I need to get the windows on my car tinted for privacy. I think I will be able to do that myself. I also need to get a Post Office box for mail.

My biggest concern is keeping warm. I am very cold natured. Although the days are relatively mild here in the South during the winter, it does get close to freezing every night. I am hoping my two sleeping bags will be proficient and will keep me warm. I will put plenty of blankets and quilts in the car just in case.

Another big concern is finding a safe and quiet sleeping spot to park my car at nights. There is a large nearby textile manufacturing plant that runs around the clock all three shifts. There is a very large open parking lot that is always full of cars. I am thinking it will not look suspicious if I park there every night to sleep. We will just have to try it and see.

Some of you may be wondering why I am doing this. I have many reasons. It is something I have always wanted to try and I have read extensively about it. I am also in a very unhealthy living arrangement with regards to my family. I have very little freedom. The urge to do this has been building for a long time. I would rather live homeless than to be controlled and taken care of. I do not feel like a grown man and am more like a child. I have tasted true freedom once before and once you experience it; it is hard to give up. It takes a lot of sacrifices to obtain and I am willing to go to the furthest links to regain it.

No comments: