Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Books and more Books

Sorry for the lack of updates. I have been on a book reading frenzy and haven’t been online much the past few days. I am currently reading David Guterson’s Snow Falling on Cedars. It is a wonderful book and I highly recommend it. Next on my reading list is Phillip Roth’s The Plot against America; a hypothetical tale about what if Charles Lindbergh had become president and had collaborated with the Nazis. The book centers on a Jewish family and their plight during those times. I look forward to reading it.

I did manage to get down to the Pig yesterday as is my usual routine. George was no worse for wear and was busy drinking cheap wine. He had escaped a DUI charge and somehow made it home.

George and I talked for a long time about my ex-wife Rachel. He thinks he knows her and talks as if he and she have conversations on a regular basis. George lives in an alcohol induced fantasyland, but he means well. He just can’t understand how I am content with not getting “laid.”

I had planned on going camping tonight but axed that idea after I glimpsed at the National Weather Service website. They are predicting severe storms tonight accompanied by a strong cold front and freezing temperatures. Not ideal camping weather let me tell you although it would be exciting to weather the storm so to speak. I think I will stay safely at home and curl up with my books in the bed as the thunder claps outside.

No comments: