Thursday, November 10, 2005

The Daring Duo Returns

A cold front blew in overnight making for a cool and blustery day. A marked change from the Indian summer we have been experiencing. I put on a light jacket and walked down to the Pig to see what the gang was up to. The groupies were out in full force today. There was Big S, George, Cap w/Tag Guy, Ferret, and… HIV/AIDS Guy?!?! Yes, to my surprise he was out there as well. Apparently, someone had bailed him out of jail.

I just don’t understand why Big S and HIV/AIDS Guy play that dangerous game of shop lifting. These guys all get food stamps. Maybe it is the thrill? At least Slop is smart enough to not do the actual stealing. He just performs the service of a lookout.

Today, HIV/AIDS Guy had stolen a box of Little Debbie Dunkin’ Stix and he was sharing them with Big S. They were greedily eating the contents of that box on the bench between the dollar store and the Pig. George had filled me in on what was going on.

“That has to be the dumbest son of a bitch I have ever seen,” I told George speaking of HIV/AIDS Guy.

George laughed and replied, “Dat nigga don’t know when to quit.”

“He just got out of jail and he is already breaking the law again,” I said as I shook my head.

Ferret was looking much better today. He was cleaned up and had shaven. He still seemed to be in a sullen mood though. George informed that his mother had let him move back in on the condition that he gets a job within two weeks. I don’t know what is worse for Ferret, homelessness or living with that hellacious beast of a mother.

No comments: