Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Stuck where the Sun Don’t Shine

Last night, blogger somehow deleted half of my template. Blogger was not working properly last night so I couldn’t fix it. Luckily, I had a backup copy of my template stored in a word file. I am glad I have made a habit of doing that since I fiddle with my template so much.

This morning was my injection of Risperdal. I drove down to the drugstore and picked up my injection. I then drove on down to the doctor’s office. I sat in the reception room watching an aquarium full of African cichlids squabble over territory. Around and around they chased each other and one fish was a particularly nasty bully. As I sat and watched, I held my injection in my hand to warm it up. To not to do so means one painful experience.

Soon, my nurse called me back. Several other new nurses had gathered in the room to watch how the shot was prepared and injected. I grew rather nervous that my nurse might be leaving and nervous about all the watchful eyes that would get to revel in the stark white glory of my exposed bum.

“You are not leaving are you?” I quietly asked Andrea, my nurse.

“No sweetie,” She said. “I just want them to know how to do it unless I can’t be here.”

I let loose a sigh of relief as Andrea has a deft touch and somehow it is rarely painful with her skilled hands. I didn’t want to become a guinea pig for a new nurse.

The injection was almost painless except she must have hit a vein and I bled and bled. There was a small puddle of blood on the floor. Andrea scrambled to get some gauze and a band aid. Finally, the bleeding stopped and I think this really scared all of the new nurses. Sometimes, this just happens and is no big deal to me even though it embarrasses Andrea.

“Well, hun, sorry about that,” Andrea said. “I hate it when that happens.”

“Oh, don’t worry about that,” I replied.

“We will see you in two weeks then,” She said.

“You don’t know how much of a difference this makes in the quality of my life,” I told her.

She gave me the warmest smile and told me, “Thank you, hun. You are a sweetheart.”

Hopefully, today, I will get back down to the shopping center and purchase my usual chocolate milk and cheese on wheat crackers. I have been trying to get down there everyday to get up something to write as my home life has been utterly boring and inconsequential these days. I rarely get feedback on the Gang so if any of you are tired of these posts or don’t find them interesting then I will stop writing them. They may not be as interesting to others as they are for me to witness and write. These experiences certainly break up the monotony that can many times be my day.

No comments: