Tuesday, January 23, 2007

All the Signs are Right…

We are in a perfect weather pattern for snow here in the Deep South. A raging subtropical jet continues to fly overhead bringing ample moisture into the area. The first of February seems to be looking good as far as cold shots of air coming from the far north in Canada.

I can remember the storm of the century in ’93. I was working as a fork lift driver in a towel warehouse for Martex. We had our biggest snow on record. I had a cat at the time and she jumped outside when I opened the door to check the weather. She disappeared in a snow drift that had banked upside my trailer. I remember picking her up and dusting the snow off as I laughed. She was thoroughly confused by the white stuff.

Will it snow after having not snowed here for seven long years? All the players are on the field. We just need a winter weather touchdown.





Images courtesy of nashvillewx.com.

7 comments:

austere said...

Cats are SMART.
Maybe she was just checking, yes?

Summer said...

Looks like you better go buy a top hat for that snowman you'll be building soon. Have a good day!

Annabel said...

I do hope you get the snow - I know you'll love it! I don't mind it in SMALL doses.

Kristen said...

That is one amazing graphic of cold prediction. The snow may be fun for some, but I pray that people are safe in the unusual conditions to come.

Good morning, Andrew!

Amanda said...

Seems like your place and my place are in competition over who'll get snow first. :) I'm not betting on mine though. For such a northern place it can be extremely resistant to snow sometimes...

zirelda said...

Andrew you can have all of our snow. I'm sick of it. As a matter of fact, I'd be happy to trade places with you for a while. Maybe till April or so?

Andrea said...

I was living in Ringgold, Georgia when the Blizzerd of 93 happened. Most snow on record in that area, EVER..since they had been keeping records. We got 23 inches I believe. I was almost 9 months pregnant with my 2nd daughter at the time. I remeber being from Michigan, I was thrilled to see the snow that far South, but I was sure hoping I didn't go into labor until it had melted.