Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Winter Blooms...

It has been an abnormally warm winter here and it has tricked many of the local flora into blooming. I worry this is going to ruin the colorful flower filled springs we often get here. I thought I would share a few pictures in my quest to upload a few everyday.

The lone camelia in my backyard about to bloom. My neighbor's camelia is already blooming gloriously, but I was too shy to walk into their yard to take a few pictures.


Above and below are blooms on my snowball bush outside my back door. It is extremely odd for this little shrub to be blooming so early.




Above and below: An unknown shrub in my parent's backyard that is emitting the sweetest smell. You can smell it clear across to my yard. My nose led the way as I searched it out a moment ago.


/>

5 comments:

Claudia said...

Your camera seems to have beautiful macro capabilities. I still have not had the guts to bite the bullet and plunk down the money to get my new camera.

Amanda said...

These beautiful pictures make me homesick...

Summer said...

This plant in your parent's yard, I'm fairly certain, is a mountain laurel. Check it out on the web if you have time. My mother only lives a few miles from me and she told me that the forsythia on the south side of her house is blooming. We might have to pay for this mild weather in the next few months. Damn!

M said...

It has been warm up here as well. The birds are still quite active outside my window entertaining my cats.

austere said...

This is lovely, thanks.