Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Forecast Weather Models...

Some meteorologists are saying we are going to get cold air entrenched for February like we haven't seen since the mid-eighties. Here are what some latest GFS models are showing...

All the models are indicating very cold weather is on the way with good agreement. The above image is valid for today. We still have a strong subtropical jet over the south bringing rain to the lower regions of Alabama and the South.


The above model image for Monday the 29th shows the very cold arctic air starting to dip south over the great lakes region.


By February 3rd Sunday, the arctic blast is full underway and entrenched over much of the nation. With impulses following the southern jet over the south, the models are showing a good chance for snow somewhere in the Deep South. It could be as far north as Nashville or as far south as Montgomery.


Images courtesy of The National Weather Service.

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

I just checked the weather forecast here and it seems like the temperature will be going up and down, but no snow is on the way. I'd like to see it. Are you hoping for snow?

M said...

Awesome template!!(-:

PS I had weather on my mind today too but I am too lazy to write a post. I think I will go eat dinner(tacos with fake soy meat)...

austere said...

Compliments on the template, a really sleek metal look and contrasts superbly with the texturised effect on the image. The letters look like old fashioned embroidery.

Angel said...

You must love weather... that is awesome. I wanted to be a meteorologist for a long long time so it fascinates me. Although, now my life has taken other directions so I don't focus on it as much as I used to.

Thanks for this update.. it coincides with our short term forecast here... we are going to get VERY cold over the weekend... as in high's not getting over 20 degrees.