Monday, January 01, 2007

Morning Comes…

I finally awoke in my sleeping bag. It is a cool, crisp morning. A glorious sunrise greets me as I unzip the door of my tent. “Good morning world,” I say as I light up a cigarillo. Maggie hurriedly hustles out of the tent to go use the bathroom. She peruses the backyard looking for the perfect spot to do her business.

I feel much better this morning after taking my medicines so early. The following is a picture of this morning’s sunrise looking beyond my backdoor.

This morning's sunrise


A panoramic view of a sunset a few days ago as seen from my driveway.

6 comments:

Summer said...

Morning sweet pea and happy new year. I'm glad you're feeling better. I love this street you live on. Do you have a lot of trees around your new house?

abbagirl74 said...

I love your driveway. Something weird about me. I love looking at driveways. You just never know where they lead. But, I know where this one leads to. YOU!! Happy New Year Sweetie!

greglo said...

Happy New Year, Andrew!

Lots of love, best wishes for everything. I can't wait to see the new developments this year will bring in your oh-so-creative-life!

You do touch and have a lot of influence on people through your blog, and, as you tell us, for people in your social life. I bet 2007 will only see new ways to be creative and play a meaningful part in people's life.

And once again, I love the way you write about your love of camping and relationship to nature... among all things!!!!!

Best thoughts!!!!!

Laurent

PipeTobacco said...

Sir:

Let your beard and moustache grow! It can look very distinguised. I have worn mine for nearly 40 years now, and find it suits me well.

PipeTobacco

Amanda said...

It's beautiful, just beautiful. When I was still a kid living in a warmer, more welcoming place, I'd often slip out of the house at the crack of dawn for a hike. I really miss it...

2 The World U R 1 Person, 2 1 Person U R The World said...

Happy New Year My Friend.

I'm glad you're feeling better.

I love the pictures. I have so many pics of sunrises and sunsets from my time in Florida. There was a mini lake in the center of my apartment complex. The sun rising/setting always cast gorgeous colors across the water and buildings surrounding the water. I got some good shots even with a 35mm camera!

Take Care!
Liz