Sunday, January 21, 2007

Stormy Days…

I write the title of this post figuratively. It has been a stormy few days mentally. It is times like this that I am bereft of words; not knowing what to say.

I did continue my morning hike today. This morning found me at the shopping center sitting with Big S.

“It is supposed to rain today,” I told him.

“I will be home long before that happens,” He replied blithely.

“How much have you made today?” I then asked him always curious about his panhandling activities.

“Ten bucks,” He replied.

“I don’t see how you do it,” I said as I laughed.

“Little old ladies,” Big S said as he grinned.

I don’t condone Big S’s method of garnering income. I left Big S sitting out in front of the store and walked down to the train tracks. My good fortune found me walking up just as a train was passing. I smiled. Today is going to be okay.

6 comments:

Cheryl said...

One day at a time, right? I wish every day could be easy for you. That's not life, though. Glad you caught sight of the train. Good fortune, like you said. Something unexpected to put a smile on your face.

simonsays said...

I wish for you to have a good day today. I LOVE Maggie, what a beautiful little face, oh how I love dogs. Hang in there - Jamie

abbagirl74 said...

Today is going to be a GREAT day! Why? Because of you!

Amanda said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better today. :)

Summer said...

I was fixin' to leave you an "Ohhhh Andreeeewww" note. Glad to see you are ok. I missed you!

austere said...

next time you write about a train, i want to KNOW. did it trundle past or go zoom. was it shiny, metallic, red, blue, windows, only goods and no passengers, or WHAT?
please.