Thursday, January 25, 2007

Rosa to the Rescue…

“There is blood on your ass,” Rosa told me this morning.

I reached around to the back of my jeans and then looked at my fingers to find more blood. I had gone to get my injection of Risperdal this morning and the nurse must have hit a vein. I can’t explain the delayed effect of the blood.

I went inside the grocery store to the bathroom upstairs. I looked in the mirror and it was a rather small amount, but made a stain on my blue jeans. I bought some bandaids, put one on, and continued with my day. I fixed two cups of coffee in the employee’s lounge of the store and headed back out to carry one to Rosa.

“What are you going to do today?” I asked her as I sat back down upon the bench on the outside.

“I am going to enjoy this sunshine for as long as I can,” She replied.

“It is so nice, isn’t it?” I said as I smiled.

It felt rather balmy after being so dank, dreary, and cold for over a week.

“Will you take me down to Opelika?” She then asked.

“That’s a long drive,” I said “And I only have a half a tank of gas for the rest of the week.”

“I will put some gas in your car.”

“What time?” I then asked.

“Pick me up around noon,” She then said.

“Well, let me get home to get a shower and I will see you after lunch,” I replied.

I bid Rosa farewell and walked the ten minutes home. Rosa has the chance to get her license renewed after a suspension and you have to go to Opelika to get it done. I agreed to take her as my license is expired and I need to get it renewed as well. We will kill two birds with one stone. I will check back in probably this afternoon sometime.

3 comments:

abbagirl74 said...

I love how you got coffee from the employee's lounge. Feels like you never left, huh? Ever want to go back part time? Perhaps the manager would be flexible with your schedule. Just an idea. Have a great car ride. Hope you got some pictures.

Cheryl said...

I'm grimacing thinking of the blood from your shot. Ouch! Hope it was a pleasant drive and that you both accomplish what you need at the MVA.

austere said...

Opelika reminded me of the car, Opel astra?