Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Into the Night, Glibly I Go…

George came over late last night. I was sitting at my computer reading. The knock on the door startled me. I wasn’t expecting company so late.

“Hey George,” I said as I opened my door and he walked inside.

“I hate to ask you this,” George said. “But I be needin’ to borrow twenty dollars.”

I walked into my bedroom to grab my wallet and gave George the twenty dollars. One thing about George is that he always pays me back.

“What happened to that chick you used to be dating?” George then asked me.

“That’s a sore spot with me and I would rather not talk about it,” I told him.

“She sure was pretty,” George replied.

“She thought you were a bad influence upon me,” I said.

George laughed.

“She dumped me,” I finally told George. “I guess she thought I was too crazy to deal with.”

“You ain’t crazy,” George replied.

George ended up staying for quite a long time until I got too sleepy to stay up any longer. We sat and watched TV as we talked. I like it when George is sober. He is so much more pleasant to be around. He acts so silly when he is drinking and it gets tiresome.

8 comments:

DramaMama said...

I'm really liking George:)

mosiacmind said...

I am glad that you got to spend some good time with George.

Amanda said...

Yup, he's got charm. :)

PipeTobacco said...

Sir:

I also enjoy George. Please look at my new e-mail I just sent.

PipeTobacco

latibug said...

I'm glad that you got to "hang" with George. He seems like a nice guy.

Lisa

Tiffanie said...

I just clicked the next blog button and came across yours....

That was over an hour ago. I have been perusing your Carolyn stories and your past life stories and your AA stories.

Nice to "meet" you. I am Tiffanie.

Kristen said...

Andrew's blog: Where real people meet other real people.

Welcome tiffanie.

Warm greetings to Andrew. Perhaps 'dumping' is one way to look at it. Another is you were 'set free'. The heart will heal. Other options are now possible. Just keep smiling.

As for George: You set such a good example perhaps he will follow and be the cool fellow that he can be ... all of the time.

simonsays said...

Andrew, it's wonderful to read about your progress, you hang in there, it's only one day at a time - for each and every one of us. We all have issues. Yea for George, I think you two are good for each other. Keep Smiling, and thank you for letting me in on your life. Jamie