Friday, June 26, 2009

Giant Leaps for this Frog who wants to be a Prince...

Today will be another watermark day in my recovery.  Mom wants to go to the bookstore down in Auburn, Alabama.  It is about a 30 minute trip.  I offered to drive.

"You sure you will be okay?" mom asked.

"I am kind of excited about it in a way," I told her. 

It will be the farthest I have driven since these anxiety attacks began a few years ago.  Normally,  I would be mortally afraid.  But I am feeling this keen feeling of confidence that I can do this.

I kind of have ulterior motives as well.  I am looking forward to a slaw dawg down at the Dairy Dee.   A chocolate shake will be the cherry on top.  

6 comments:

Kathy said...

Wonderful! Good for you!

Leann said...

Enjoy the day!

happyone said...

Good for you Andrew! Enjoy your milk shake!!

forsythia said...

You're heard of the song, Stars Fell on Alabama? Well, stars apparently rise in Alabama, too, and you're one of them.

Lena said...

so happy for you! Hope it was as good as you remembered it would be.

justLacey said...

So...how'd it go?