Saturday, June 27, 2009

Master Cook...

Mom and I arrived home yesterday from our trip to Helen's car parked in the front of my house.  I had almost forgotten Helen was coming.  Unfortunately, I had already eaten at the Dairy Dee.  

Helen's meal was wonderful when I ate it for supper.  She cooked barbeque spare ribs, macaroni and cheese, colored butter beans, fried okra,  deviled eggs, and cornbread.  Helen's macaroni and cheese is to die for and the spare ribs were fork tender.  

My trip yesterday went without a hitch.  I drove all the way down the interstate to Books-A-Million.  Only once did I break a little sweat and felt nervous.  The traffic on the interstate was congested to say the least.  Mom got two books by James Patterson and I got a magazine.  Railroad Model Craftsman.

The fickle winds blew yesterday.  Months ago mom had decided not to renew my subscription to the magazine I got yesterday.   I have missed it.  Out of the blue she decided to renew my subscription.  I don't know what caused her change in heart, but I was glad.  Magazines in the mail are a special treat like letters in the mail at summer camp.    

12 comments:

Kathy said...

The meal sounds wonderful and I agree with you about getting magazines in the mail. What a treat!

Lena said...

I love to read about Helen's cooking. lol

I enjoy magazines coming in the mail as well.

Glad the trip went off without a hitch!

forsythia said...

YAY! You did it. Helen sounds like a wonderful cook. You are blessed indeed.

justLacey said...

Good job my man, we must take every victory...regardless.

Leann said...

It's nice to hear the trip went well Andrew. I agree with you about receiving magazines in the mail. Someone surprised me with a few subscriptions and I've enjoyed them immensely.

(M)ary said...

i am getting national geographic. love magazine subscriptions!

This IS The Fun Part! said...

Wonderful progress!!

How 'bout a picture of your trains? Would love to see your other hobby (besides walking doggies!).

Grannie

Seth M. Ward said...

Magazines in the mail are a special treat like letters in the mail at summer camp.

Love that sentence!

SOUL: said...

where are you andrew? it's not like you to not post for a couple of days-- come say howdy and let me know you're alright, and just tied up with your new magazine :))


btw-- did you get your slaw dog and shake? sounds yummy-

latah my brotha

Cheryl said...

I get Wired and Fast Company. I hardly read either, but want to. Good news on your trip and the renewal. How hot is it your way? The south was brutal when I was there.

pattycakes said...

your doing so well andrew im so proud of you . it must make u feel good to do all that you are doing lately . keep it up

kristi said...

That meal sounds divine! I subscribe to the gossip magazines...it is my personal naughty habit!