Sunday, June 21, 2009

Hot Days and Even more Sultry Nights...

Charlie is cutting my grass in this heat and it is making me feel guilty.  Here I am in my cool home, sipping ice cold orange drink, and listening to Maggie whine.  Maggie loves Charlie and hopes he will come in soon.

George stopped by for a brief while this morning.  I had a wicked sense of humor this morning and was giving George a hard time. 

"Are all whiteboys as goofy as you?" George asked.

Mrs. Jones, George's mom, was cooking liver and onions for lunch.  I was almost tempted to invite myself.  Oh, how I love liver and onions. 

The high today is supposed to be 98 degrees.  The hottest day of the year so far.  I've got my fingers crossed that we may get a few heat induced thunderstorms this evening.  If so, I am going to stand out in the rain and raise my arms like Willem Dafoe in that heart wrenching scene in the movie Platoon

6 comments:

(M)ary said...

hey, speaking of possible storms, have you seen the petcast on weather.com?? it is a weather report for your dog and cats!!

i just typed in my dog's zip code and vital statistics and petcast advised me on best times to walk the dog and also advised me to watch out for thunder phobia because it is supposed to storm here starting late tonight.


anyway, maybe you can check the petcast for Maggie.

becomingkate said...

I haven't made liver and onions for years! I like it with bacon too.

Leann said...

I'm sure Charlie would have loved a drink of that cold orange drink :-)

Syd said...

It's hot here for sure. Not 98 but in the lower 90's. And no thunderstorms forecast.

Kathy said...

Or just like what's his name after he escaped from prison in THE SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION.

Jason Bourne said...

TIM ROBBINS IN SHAWSHANK REDEPTION. GREAT MOVIE. !!!

And speaking of liver and onions. Here in nothern Italy we eat it along with Polenta a sort of maize porridge. Fantastic !!!