Monday, June 01, 2009

Me? Bored?

Me and Helen were sitting under mom and dad's portico this morning.  We were watching the world go by. 

"Do you ever get bored not working?" Helen asked me.

I laughed.

"Never say you are to my father," I told her. "He will put you to work in his yard."

"Seriously, though," Helen said. "Do you?"

"Sometimes," I replied. "I do well with the structure work can bring to life.  Like taking showers and eating on a schedule."

"I'm bored right now," Helen then said.

"And you're working!!!" I replied laughing.

"Don't think the irony escaped me," Helen said with a smile.

Helen has a sister named Juanita.  Dad says Jaunita is much more personable and likable. 

"You would love her," he told me not too long ago. 

I tried to imagine someone with a better personality than Helen and couldn't.  I'm smitten. 

5 comments:

impromptublogger said...

Better personality? Helen is a total sweetheart, and you can tell her I said so. If her sister is even more likable she must be a saint... ;-)

Leann said...

As Helen it would appear, is smitten with you :-)

Cheryl said...

I'd love to have a Helen sitting on the porch with me. Especially one who cooked so well. I'm glad she's your friend.

Seth Martin Ward said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Seth Martin Ward said...

Drew, you could so write a book I am sure of just your convo's with Helen.