Monday, June 08, 2009

The Dope Man...

Yesterday I was bound and determined to get my medications early.  Dad normally gives me my medications at 9:30 PM sharp.  I didn't want to wait all day with shaky hands and unsteady walk;  the mentally interesting mind I can have on such days.  I wanted the sweet release that only some of my medications can impart.  So this leads me to drive to mom and dad's.  

Upon arriving, dad had me a plastic bag of sodas ready. My daily allotment. 

"Can we go ahead and take my medications?" I asked carefully.

Dad was still dressed in his pajamas.  Sitting with a newspaper in his lap.

"Let's stick to our schedule," he said to my deep disappointment.

As I was walking out the back door ready to drive home dad said, "Do you really want to take them so early?"

YES!  The sun shone down on my little dark corner of the world. 

Dad ambled outside to his car pajamas and all.  We took my medications and I headed home with a smile on my face.  Just another one of life's little victories.  

3 comments:

Seth Martin Ward said...

I wish I could have 3 big gulps of Tussinex every day. I would never feel pain again.....

(M)ary said...

(-: glad you got your meds early! hope you had a great day.

Cheryl said...

I'm glad your dad took a moment and had a change of heart. You got what your body told you you needed.