Wednesday, June 17, 2009

National Give Maggie a Reason to Bark Day...

Every Wednesday it's the same.  The trash men cometh and Maggie starts barking early in the morning.   I was laying in the bed around 6 AM this morning when Maggie started her muted cough routine.  *cough* *cough* Maggie would go as her ears pricked up.  She could hear them miles before I could. 

Yesterday's MRI was akin to laying in a well air conditioned coffin.  "Oh shit!" I muttered to myself. "I am going to have a panic attack."  I closed my eyes and tried to dwell on good things.  Like the double quarter pounder with cheese that was waiting on me when I got home. 

A funny part of the MRI was when the Nurse asked if I wanted to listen to 70's music or country music. 

"70's please and thank you," I told her.

"Good choice," she said with a smile. "Sorry we don't have more to choose from."

This morning I talked to George's mom on the phone.  Her tomato plants had finally given her two mature ripe tomatoes.  She wanted to know if I wanted to come over for tomato sandwiches at lunch - a luxury here in the South.  I told her I would be over at twelve.  I can't wait!!!!

11 comments:

happyone said...

Like the new look.
I love home grown tomatoes.
I like to slice the tomatoes and lay in single layer. Pour a little olive oil and vinegar over them. Add some basil and let sit in refrigerator a while.
Oh they are good. Some chucks of mozzarella cheese taste good with them too.
Enjoy your day.

This IS The Fun Part! said...

So glad you got through the MRI okay. I was kind of hoping it was one of the new 'open' ones. They are a lot wider and don't make you feel so closed in.

Our dogs have those barking fits, too. Sometimes it's the "OMG, they're coming to kill us all!" type bark - - and then there's the, "Who's stealing our garbage?" bark. Those are completely different than the - "Open the door, there's a cat in the yard!" bark! Dogs are soooo much fun!

Why don't ya get a plant and grow your own 'maters? Then you can have tomato sammiches every day!!

Grannie

Ms Hen said...

Fresh Tomatoes are the BEST. (hugs about the MRI)

Tee said...

I love tomato sandwiches. I love for them each summer. Look at you 575 days sober, GREAT! Like the new look of your blog.

PT said...

I know how that feels I had an MRI before and I thought the same thing!

Patti said...

Oh my gosh, I can't believe you have ripe tomatoes already. My plants are still at the barely-blossoming stage, here in Ontario.

Lena said...

Great job with the MRI! I was a wreck when I had one.

The Middle Aged Woman said...

MRIs are a pain for sure.

You lucky duck! A real tomato sandwich for lunch. Was it good?

Leann said...

Oh I love tomato sandwiches.

(M)ary said...

yeah. i was going to mention something about how tight the MRI could be but i didn't want to jinx you. i get claustrophobic and i have had a couple of mri's...shudder.
you did great!

geelizzie said...

On trash truck day all six of my cats think that the end of the world as we know it is near. They run around the house looking for a place to hide, and usually end up under the bed or in the garage, which is closer to the street and you'd think the trash truck noise would be even louder! Every week they do this, apparently cats have no capacity to remember that the same thing happened last week and they survived.