Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The Utmost in Honor...

"J.W. has been trying to call you all morning," my father said. "Answer that damn phone for once."

I asked Dad why J.W. was calling and he said J.W. wants to be the first to tell me.

Later in the day the phone rang.  I picked it up and found an excited J.W. on the other end.

"You knew my wife was pregnant didn't you?"

Yeah," I replied.

"She had a baby boy last night at 2 in the morning.  I named him after you."

I was floored.  It was about one of the most flattering things that has happened to me.

J.W.? Get ready for a fishing trip cause we are going to catch some fish. 

15 comments:

Diana said...

J.W. must think an aweful lot of you to name his first son after you! Congrats! What an honor!

~C~ said...

My neice named one of her daughters after me, Its a very special feeling. Congratulations!

justLacey said...

That is the sweetest thing ever. See how loved you are?

happyone said...

How nice!! I can why you feel so flattered. What an honor to have someone named after you. :-)

Cheryl said...

This is an honor! Congrats :) Happy things happen when you least expect them to.

Leann said...

How awesome is that!! Congrats and enjoy the fishing.

Seth M. Ward said...

Congrats Drew.

The Middle Aged Woman said...

That is awesome!

Judy said...

That is such a special honor!

forsythia said...

Wow, how nice! Andrew is one of my favorite names because that's the name of one of our grandsons.

This IS The Fun Part! said...

That is an honor, indeed! What a special gift they have given you!

Grannie

Lena said...

So special!

Good luck with your knee!

Patti said...

Wow!!!! Congratulations on your namesake!

Kathy said...

That IS an honor!

Tee said...

That is the ultimate honor to have some one named after you. Hope you do well with your knee surgery. Just be sure to do all the PT necessary for full recovery. That will be the hard part--the PT. PT = physical terrorists, that what I called them after my surgery.