Friday, June 19, 2009

STOP THAT SCREWIN'!

There are a lot of stray cats in the neighborhood.  It seems my backyard is a favored location for some of these cats to fight and screw.   You know how vocal cats are when they are in an amorous mood.  Well, it is driving my dog crazy.  Maggie feels the need to referee these little kitten making sessions.  I am afraid one of these nasty horny felines will put one of Maggie's eyes out. 

In other news, George got the compressor on and has cold air again in his Buick.  I actually let George drive me down to McDonald's for a cup of coffee this morning.  I kept trying to smell his breath for alcohol.  He wasn't acting drunk.  George keeps this continual grin on his face after the sixth beer.  This morning he was scowling about work last night. 

Helen is busy in the kitchen at the moment.  Maggie keeps getting under her feet while she cooks.  "Git!" Helen keeps saying. "Go git in the den with your daddy."  Today Helen is cooking baked porkchops, cabbage, green beans, pear salad, and her biscuits.  Mom will be over about three to eat.  I am unsure if Dad will be able to get off work to eat with us.  

4 comments:

Seth Martin Ward said...

Sounds like a beautiful day in the South:D

Cin said...

That menu sounds wonderful!!

Maggie cracks me up. Eventually the cats will probably move on.Hopefully...

(M)ary said...

uh-oh...what will maggie do when those cats have babies? she might have to adopt one!

Leann said...

Let me guess...you don't care for cats? LOL