Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The R in Rx doesn't Stand for Restraint...

I and my family have seen a remarkable transformation in me these past few weeks.   It gets better every day.  I owe it to my medication adventurous family practitioner.   Dr. Kamath put me on Coureg CR which is commonly prescribed for people suffering from stage fright and performance anxiety.   He did in one visit what my psychiatrist hasn't been able to do in a decade of appointments.

Mom has noticed this difference in me.  Pieces of my life are just falling in place.  I'm getting out more.  I'm taking better pride in my appearance and my home.   I  have vibrant fantasy life whereas before I couldn't even concentrate to watch the television. 

"Should I go try that Courag like Andrew is taking?" mom asked my father a few days ago.

"Don't ask me," he replied.  "You're gonna damn well do as you please anyway." 

Mom went today to see Dr. Kamath and he prescribed some for her as well.  I hope it helps her as much as it has helped me.  

11 comments:

justLacey said...

That is awesome. I'm so glad he found something that works well for you.

Seth Martin Ward said...

That's really great to hear Drew. Keep on keepin on brother. As one of my favorite musicians sings, "....There's always tomorrow!"

Kathy said...

I hope it helps your mom, too.

The Middle Aged Woman said...

Isn't that drug for hypertension?

Lena said...

Glad you are feeling better, hope it helps your mom, too. That would be so awesome for both of you.

Leann said...

Oh Andrew.....that is so Awesome! I truly hope it has the same affect on your Mother as it did for you.

impromptublogger said...

Ahh - BLTC (better living through chemistry). Unfortunately right now it all is hit or miss. But I expect in the next 5 years they will be able to do genetic testing to determine the correct meds without all this experimentation.

I am soooo happy for you! Keep up the good work.

(((Hugs))))

Syd said...

I haven't stopped by to comment in a while. Glad that you are doing well. And getting out is cool.

Golden To Silver Val said...

This is good news Andrew and I'm especially proud of how many days are on your sobriety counter! This is awesome. I wish my son could do as well. He keeps sliding backwards. Keep up the excellent work. God Bless.

Brad said...

That's is fantastic news - You just gave me a hhuge smile - I'm so happy for you.

jane said...

absolutely thrilled for yoU!!!!