Saturday, June 13, 2009

The Guardian...

Every time I go outside Maggie feels the need to extradite any various fauna in the yard.  She came so close to getting a squirrel today.  It became confused and couldn't remember to either go through the fence or over it.   It doesn't help that I'm telling Maggie, "Get em! Girl!"  It is a fun game for her as well as for me. 

We went for our walk today.  I didn't feel like going, but Maggie was giving me her 1000 yard stare.  More dead squirrels were on the roads which makes me wonder how prolific the squirrels are at replacing their population.

Now?  It's a waiting game.  I never know when dad will come with my medication on the weekends.  Sometimes it is three in the afternoon.  Sometimes it is nine at night.  I hate the wait and have to fight the urge to call and cajole. 

4 comments:

Leann said...

I can understand Andrew. Routine is important. Hope you're enjoying the beautiful impending summer. It's been cool here so far only in the 70's. Has to warm up some before I"ll be contemplating water arobics at the aquatic center. Enjoy your days with Maggie.

forsythia said...

You'd think a pharmacist of all people would know the importance of maintaining a schedule when taking medicine.

(M)ary said...

I think the best exercise my dog gets is when he chases the bunny rabbits. I always root for the rabbits to get away but I appreciate the enjoyment my doggie gets.

justLacey said...

Shouldn't you be taking your meds every day at the same time?