Monday, June 15, 2009

Tests Today and Tomorrow...

I had to head to the hospital for tests this morning.  Mom followed me in her car to make sure I went.  I have been known to take u-turns on the way and head back home.  The anxiety during such ordeals is nerve wracking to me.

They stuck needles all in the muscles of my left leg and sent in a current of electricity.   My leg was flopping around like a fish out of water near the end.  It seems I may have a pinched nerve near or in my knee.  Oh joy!  I hope this doesn't mean surgery and rehabilitation.  Mom has already mentioned the S word, too.  

George came by at lunch.  He was still awake since he slept during the day yesterday.  He had to be worn out. 

"How does it feel to work for the evil empire?" I asked him laughing. 

"Wal-Mart ain't all that bad," George replied.  "It be a good job."

I complained to George about being out of groceries again till this Thursday.  I have figured it out.  My appetite is 2 times healthier when I am feeling well.  I have been feeling so well that I am like the big pig at the trough. 

Tomorrow I have an MRI scheduled for 10 AM.  I will be glad to have these tests said and done.      

8 comments:

Kelly Jene said...

I do detest hospitals and needles! I feel for you and your anxiety. I sure hope it doesn't need surgery, though if it means you are released from pain. Take care friend!

This IS The Fun Part! said...

Ouch! I know that test you had today. And it IS awful. So sorry you had to go through all that.

The MRI tomorrow shouldn't be nearly as bad. If you havn't had one before - no pain at all! Just close your eyes and ignore the strange noises. If you've had one, then you know it's an easy one.

Will be thinking good thoughts for you!

Grannie

Eric Valentine said...

Good luck my friend.. :)

impromptublogger said...

I hope all the test results come out okay.

forsythia said...

Andrew, you make me laugh so often. What a sense of humor. "...like the big pig at the trough" just cracked me up.

Good luck with the tests and all.

(M)ary said...

Hope all went well, I was thinking about you today!

Cheryl said...

Ouch to all the needles. When did the knee thing start? I liked the thumping of the MRI. You'll like that much better!

Kathy said...

Sounds like a terrible test! You should be proud of yourself!!