Friday, June 05, 2009

Wait! Where's the rain?

(Kathy, the KFC grilled chicken was tasty, but a little dry.  I would eat it again though.)

We were supposed to have rain and storms today, but it has turned out to just be murky and overcast.

The meal Helen cooked today just wasn't to my liking.  We are all trying to help mom with her diet.  Helen cooked baked chicken and it was rather bland.  So were the many vegetables she cooked because she didn't put in her usual seasonings.  I did like the carrot and raisin salad though.  We all howled with protest when Helen asked if she should use reduced calorie mayonnaise in the salad.  

I had a doctor's appointment this morning.  I've developed a limp when I walk Maggie and have lost some sensation in my left foot.  As guessed, a battery of tests were ordered.  This was all mom's doings and I would probably still be limping a year from now if it were up to me. 

5 comments:

Kathy said...

Thanks for the report on the chicken! Keep us posted on the limp. And I agree -- the low calories dressings are yuch! I'd rather have a little bit with the real thing.

becomingkate said...

Diet food just isn't the same.

(M)ary said...

hmmm....losing sensation in your foot...did you pinch a nerve?

maybe you should do some stretches along with the walk (because the activity is definitely good for you so you dont want to give up!)

here is a youtube stretch video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaDXNjFjjnU

(M)ary said...

ps...i thought the exact same thing this morning when i looked at the weather report "no rain!?"

Leann said...

We got some awesome thunderstorms through here a few days ago. I thoroughly enjoyed them! Wind, lightening, thunder....yay!!