Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Pop Up Fun...

It is that time of the year again in the South.  The time of the year where we get pop-up thunderstorms.  I have the Weather Channel on the recall button on my TV's remote.  Every ten minutes I will check the local radars on the Internet.  Suddenly, the storms will just explode upwards into the atmosphere and wander around the South.  It happens as if on cue. 

Maggie is enjoying my air conditioning.  She will spend some time outside and then come in to lay on the bed in my cool and darkened back bedroom.   Sometimes I will take her cue and go lay down with her and watch TV.  It is soothing. 

Well, sorry for the short post today.  I've got to get back to storm watching.  I am so excited for what the day may bring. 

6 comments:

Seth Martin Ward said...

Thunderstorms are the best. You should see them out west in the Dakotas or out in Montana. Sometimes it is so pitch black you wonder how it could get so dark and then the lighting flashes for a few seconds and lights everything up......

Kathy said...

I do the same thing with The Weather Channel. Have also found www.wunderground.com to be a great doppler radar site. You can also 'personalize' the radar for your specific area.
We had a storm here last night that woke me out of a sound sleep. The thunder and lightening were simultaneous.

(M)ary said...

I hope you got a few good thunderstorms today!
I am in Norteast Indiana. We were supposed to get storms this week but they kept going north and south of us. I like the feature online where you can scan all around the state so you can see the storm systems developing to the west of here.Our storms always seem to move west to east. So whatever is in Illinois, Missouri or Iowa ends up around here eventually if the system doesn't die down. ( at least that is my amatuer analysis of the weather.)

Cheryl said...

It's storming here right now. I came right home from work and mowed. Got it done just in time :)

Leann said...

That is one thing I miss about the south. The pop-up thunderstorms. Of course I hate the tornados that go along with it, but love the storms.

Patti said...

I LOVE thunderstorms! We don't get as many, I don't think, in Ontario, but when we do, I drop everything to watch them, from my front porch if possible.