Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Comfort comes in small measures...

Helen opened the door this morning after I knocked.

"Come on in, baby!"  she said. "What's wrong?"

"I'm stir crazy and lonely," I told her.  "I thought I would speak to mom awhile."

Mom was in the bed and sleeping.  I kissed her on cheek and her eyes fluttered open.

"What are you doing?" she asked sleepily.

"I just needed your company," I replied.

I sat down with my dad's cat Macy.  She was curled up on a towel in the chair.   I began talking to mom after my fears, wants, and desires until I realized she had fallen asleep again.  I smiled.

"Love you," I told her as I kissed her again, but she didn't hear it.

I drove home and and am now talking to Maggie.  Maggie is like the best therapist.  She never disagrees, or gives advise.   She's always a comfort.   I took my two Klonopin from last night and settled into the couch for a long morning of watching TV.   At least, I have the comfort of the very same hosts at ShopNBC that are all on everyday.  I have come to look at them as friends. 

9 comments:

Becky said...

pretty much always on email...so if you ever want to chat just let me know....pray for you Andrew...the kind where I just pray for you He knows...

(M)ary said...

i know...i get attached to my tv shows and i don't even have a tv any longer. i watch tv online. frankly, whenever i try to go out into the world, i remember why i prefer the computer and my pets!!

Sophie said...

Sometimes it's hard to find someone to just listen. My cats always seem to know when I need a little comfort too.

KathyA said...

Being lonely is very rough. I'm sorry, Andrew.

NellJean said...

Maggie knows how to listen until you hear what you are saying.

Moonroot said...

Hope you're feeling better, Andrew. You always have Maggie & us to talk to!

Jamie said...

I love Maggie! (How did she get that name?)

My kitties listen alot too...although cats are good at looking at you like you have two heads and need serious help...LOL

I hope this day is a good one for you. Hugs, Andrew. :)

Leann said...

If you'd be interested in having my phone number just e-mail me. I'm always available for friends Andrew. Or...I'm always attached to a computer and we could e-mail if you'd rather :-)

Take care and hope you're feeling better today.

Cheryl said...

I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have all my clients to talk to. It's very quiet here at home. Maggie is probably a better friend than a lot of humans would be :)