Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Knocking the Wind Out of my Sails...

Monday evening I suffered one of my worse anxiety/panic attacks yet.  Mom stayed two hours holding my hand.  I couldn't get my breath and felt like I couldn't breath.  It was terribly scary.   Well, this knocked the wind out of my sails as far as any feel better plans were concerned.   I stayed in the bed all day yesterday.   Today, I had four Klonopin and have taken them feeling much better and calmer.   I've still spent a lot of time in the bed today.   It seems I take one step forward and two steps back every so often.   Sorry for the lack of updates.  I just haven't felt like using the computer. 

8 comments:

Jenn said...

Feel better soon :)

Summer said...

In my opinion Andrew, you've taken a million steps forward and a very few backwards. Life comes at all of us very fast, with no instruction book, and one day to rest and rejuvenate is perfectly acceptable.

Jamie said...

Yep, I'm with Summer.

Hugs, friend.

justLacey said...

When you can't breathe, use a paper bag and breathe in and out of it. It really helps. I am sorry you had a set back, but look how far you have come! I think it was probably triggered by stressing over working or not working. Talk it out with your dad.

Gary said...

Take care and be well Andrew. You are in my thoughts everyday. i hope you and Maggie have such an awesome day today that you will forget all about yesterday! :-)

Becky said...

praying for you Andrew.....simple prayers

Syd said...

Andrew, here's hoping that you will be okay.

Joy Heather said...

Sorry you have had a bad day Andrew..just take things easy, i'm glad you are feeling a little better now, hope you go from strength to strength.