Thursday, October 22, 2009

Man Down...

I don't know what I did to suffer so much in this life.  Today was almost unbearable.  My heart was pounding in my chest.   I had the stir crazies.   I couldn't sit still.  Something in the corner of my crazy mind told me to take a 3mg Risperdal.  I did, and I felt 100 percent better within the hour.  It seems my injection is running out a week early.  This is my main anti-psychotic.  The one thing that keeps me tethered to sanity.   I am just glad I finally figured out what was wrong.   I'm calling Dad to tell him and to see if he will bring me more Risperdal (fingers crossed).

6 comments:

Leann said...

I am sorry to hear things are not going well at the moment Andrew. I know how disconcerting the anxiety and panic attacks can be.
Hang in there dear friend, we are your life preservers :-)

This IS The Fun Part! said...

I wish I had a magic wand that would make things better for you! The disappointment in your voice tells it all . . I'm so sorry you're not feeling up to par right now.

I don't think you know how many of us are out here backing you up - and ready to help.

Grannie

forsythia said...

Sorry to hear that you had a bad day. Hope tomorrow is better for you. You have lots of friends who are cheering you on. You have given mental illness a human face, an ordinary-guy-next door face. But that's only part of the story. When life is good for you, you share that, too, with wit and humor.

Lynette said...

I am just glad you recognized what you need to do. That is something that wouldn't have happened not that long ago. Good choice.

Gary said...

I feel for you with all my heart Andrew. We share the same affliction and I can pretty much imagine your day yesterday. I hope today brings you nothing but joy and happiness.I understand your comment about being "tethered to sanity" by having the Risperdal. I call clonazepam "the glue that holds my sanity together." :-)

Joy Heather said...

So sorry you had another bad day today Andrew..but glad you sorted out the reason for it...i agree with Forsythia..you are such a help to anyone (myself included)who as suffered any form of anxiety or mental illness..your friends laugh with you & cheer you on when you are at your best..but when you have an 'off day' as we all do..they are all behind you wishing you well and praying you will be back on top real soon....i'm sure you will be.