Sunday, October 11, 2009

The Holocaust Proposition...

Lately, I think of the Jews and what they went through during the holocaust when I get down on myself about my current predicament.  It works really well as a way to brighten up my moods and my attitude.  I have so many things to be thankful for and most of these are directly due to my father.  I have all the food I could care to eat.  I get to smoke one cigarette every 30 minutes which would be the utmost in luxury among men in the concentration camps.   I have Maggie and she so brightens my world.   I have a warm, extremely comfortable bed to sleep in every night.   I have a wonderful Honda which will serve me trustfully for years.  My house is paid for.   I have an extremely nice computer and the fastest Internet connection offered in my area.   My only bills are my cost of living expenses such as utilities and groceries.  My mental illness is under the most control it has been in my whole life.   I no longer spend days drunken and slovenly.   It is certainly a glass half full/half empty phenomenon.   I just have to remind myself how lucky I truly am.   I think of the holocaust and what those people went through and it can really put things into perspective. 

3 comments:

Leann said...

When I become blue and play the pity party tune I try to think of those who are less fortunate than I am. It is usually the one thing that gets me back on track.

Enjoy your day Andrew. I love the pictures. The colors of fall are awesome.

Joy Heather said...

Amen to that Andrew..this blog as cheered me up...you are fortunate as you say here...i agree the Jews went through unbelievable poverty & sadness, and it does help to get thing in perspective when we think of ones less fortunate than ourselves..this blog warmed my heart again today.

Gary said...

I'm always up before 6:00am. My new routine is to make my coffee, turn on the computer, and go right to your blog. It's my morning clonazepam. (Canadian Klonopin)
Thanks,
Gary