Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The Pseudo Drunken Phone Conversationist...

My speech has been slurred for the past four days because of something going on with my medications.  It was alarming at first, but I just resigned myself that it's just the myriad of side effects my medications impart.  Well, it has made it impossible to talk on the phone and the phone rang dozens of times yesterday.

"Mr. Delaney?" a voice would say.

"You have a wrong number," I would reply drunkenly.

The phone would ring again a few minutes later.

"Mr. Delaney?" Another voice would ask.

Sigh. Apparently some Delaney character was giving out my unlisted number as his.  It almost got comical towards the end of the day.

On top of all this, I had mom calling constantly.  I made the mistake of telling her I was almost out of gasoline in my Honda.  Well, this drove my secretary crazy. 

"I called your father and he is going to fill up your car," mom said at one point.

I know dad just loved me yesterday getting mom all riled up about my gas situation.

"Be careful what you tell your mother," he told me exasperated last night.

I couldn't help but smile.  My mother can be such a driven and impatient creature.

2 comments:

Berryvox said...

LOL! I just realized I often change my telephone number by switching the same two numbers when I'm filling out online forms. Somewhere in the city, somebody is getting all my telemarketing calls!

Moohaa said...

Your mom is a mom! Plain and simple. She loves you and wants to take care of you. I would do the same for my boys. :) And I have a feeling it would drive my hubby crazy. hehe
Next time you get a wrong number, say something in Spanish or French or something. Or babble incoherently.. it's fun. :) Evil, I know..