Monday, March 21, 2005

The anticipation is grueling…..

I watched as he handed out the blue books one by one at the start of my World Literature class tonight. Was my time next? No, he went to the girl to my left. My hands started to sweat and a lump formed in my throat. I was about to find out the results of my hardest exam yet; four two page essays on different aspects of literature in the Middle Ages. He walked over to me and handed me my blue book with a smile.

“Good job! I enjoyed reading your discussions. You have a flair for writing.” My instructor said.

I looked at my score in red ink and great sigh of relief came over me. I made a 96. I had almost perfect grammar and structure in my essays; a total of just two red marks in my writings. I was elated. This gave me a new found motivation to continue with school. I have only a few more weeks to go and I will have my first semester under my belt.

My next big hurdle is that I have to write three term papers over spring break. These are due in April. I am very apprehensive about it and have been procrastinating. I must break the spell and get to work soon; the sooner the better to calm my anxiety about this issue.

_______________________________________


New car heaven……

Well my father went out and bought himself a new 2005 Honda CR-V SE 4X4. It is a beautiful car painted in nighthawk black. The interior is sumptuous black leather. He also bought my mother a 2005 Honda civic EX special edition. I have to drive mom up to Lagrange to pick it up tomorrow and then her 2000 Honda CR-V will be mine. We just have to get the title put in my name and all will be finalized.

I feel almost as a kid at Christmas I am so excited. This is such a nice car. It will be my first car I have ever personally owned to have such niceties as air conditioning, power windows, automatic transmission, and power steering. It is almost like owning a BMW over my current vehicle. I truly am blessed these days. My, how much my life has changed in a year.

No comments: