Friday, September 16, 2005

A New View on Life

Within an hour, I go to pick up my new contacts. I even got the day off for this momentous occasion. I am keeping my fingers crossed that this pair will fit properly. I am tired of not being able to see well. Hopefully, soon, I will get a new view on life. The only down side is that I will see clearly enough to write that check to pay for it.

Not much has happened today. I do want to say I appreciated all the comments on yesterday’s post. I kind of hesitantly clicked on my comments this morning not knowing what I would find. Everything written was supportive and made me feel better.

No Soup for You!’s comment hit the nail on the head. I did feel violated by what happened the other night. I struggled with addiction for years. For a split second there I even entertained the thought of smoking marijuana and it scared the hell out of me. I have an affinity for mood altering substances and have to abstain completely and not be around them. One wrong choice when confronted with a situation such as the other night could have very well changed the course of my future life. It was kind of a macabre dance with the devil that night. I don’t want to be in the ballroom let alone dancing.

No comments: