Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Random Thoughts for Tuesday

Drunken Phone Calls

Sometime, during the night, my once friend Chad left a drunken message on my answering machine. Luckily, I never woke up or heard the phone ring. It was one of those calls you make after drinking a case of beer or a fifth of liquor. It was almost humorous and I chuckled a few times, especially when he told me how much he loved me. It was one of the most long winded and rambling messages that has ever graced my answering machine. I saved it for future entertainment. I am sure he will wake up sometime today and not remember calling me. He was that drunk. If I was a heartless bastard, I would encode it as an mp3 and upload it for everyone to hear.

Diet Cokes

I am addicted to diet cokes. Part of my working arrangement with my father is that I get to take home a few items of merchandise if I need them without paying as part of my pay. Lately, I have been getting a case of diet cokes every week. I can drink 24 diet cokes in about 5 or 6 days. I am wondering what it may be doing to my teeth. I would never drink the damn things if I had to pay for them with cash, but I am paying for them with my labor and time; funny how the mind works sometimes. To me they seem “free”.

Political Blogs

I have tried really hard to get interested in and knowledgeable about politics. I have tried to read some of the more popular political blogs, but every time my interest wanes in a few minutes to sometimes mere seconds. I see the same shit posted over and over and over. If you are left leaning, you bitch about the right. If you are right leaning, you bitch about the left. A lot of it is really petty stuff and just seems to divide people further and cloud the real issues we face. I hardly ever see those real issues talked about or discussed. Pick your side; pick the political headline of the day; write the same shit everyone else writes about it; hit publish; repeat tomorrow.

Homeless Blogs

My once favored avenue of reading was the many homeless blogs that I had found. Almost all of them are dead now and not being updated. A friend told me on the phone yesterday that “The Homeless Guy” has been appointed to some taskforce to help homeless people. I feel sorry for those homeless folks as they ain’t gonna get any help from that guy. Homeless people don’t need “taskforces” which are just political bullshit. Homeless people need to band together and help themselves such as what Dignity Village is doing.

No comments: