Saturday, September 17, 2005

Wind through My Windows

A soft wind is blowing through my windows occasionally, making my Venetian blinds flutter and “sing”. The neighbor’s kids are out in their backyard jumping on their trampoline. Their squeals of joy and playful banter are music to my ears. The sky is overcast and the air is cool. My pipe is still warm from indulging in that pleasant hobby. Song birds chirp and sing as they call out to their brethren. A mug of hot tea adorns the desktop by my computer. All of this makes for a pleasant and peaceful Saturday afternoon. I feel as if I am in a concert hall listening to and experiencing the finest of performances. I now must adjourn to act two of this performance of life.

I am about to set out on a trip of camping tonight. The allure of the countryside and the woods is calling me. I can’t wait to pitch my tent, build a fire, and watch the sunset on the horizon. I long for the mournful night time calls of whip-o-wills. I yearn for the smells of the forest and a country sky filled with millions of stars not spoiled by the light pollution of a city.

Now, I must follow my bliss. Good afternoon or night, and may these same joys find you on the road of life.

No comments: