Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Night Time Serenade

It is almost bedtime for me. Soon, I must shut my windows and sleep for another day. The chorus of insects outside my windows is in full force. Tree frogs in my neighbor’s abandoned pool are calling. I sit here quietly reflecting upon my day as I drink a mug of hot tea. My nicotine habit will soon lure me outside and I will have one last pipe before retiring.

I see the neighbor’s house next to my parent’s is alit as always like a Christmas tree. I don’t know how they afford their electricity bill. I often get up early in the morning to smoke and it seems as if every light is on in their house; even at the earliest hours of the morning. I wonder if they ever sleep. These things mystify me.

Soon, I shall crawl into my bed and wrap myself in the warm covers. The air conditioning will be at full blast and the fan on my floor will be droning. I will get in and pull my spare pillow under my arm and close my eyes. Sleep, such blissful sleep. Maybe my dreams tonight will be filled with positive moments and things that I will still remember in the morning. It is time to go find out.

Good night!

No comments: