Friday, September 02, 2005

Just Living

Today was just another one of those mundane days. I got up around 6 AM and sat on my porch watching the first light of dawn until sun made an appearance. I sat drinking coffee and smoking my pipe. I then went inside and fixed some bacon, eggs, and toast. I also ate a banana and drank a glass of milk then took my fish oil and vitamins.

The nights have been so wonderfully cool and it is a good sign that fall is on the way. I no longer have to use my air-conditioning any more lately. It got down to 62 degrees last night and was chilly when I woke up this morning. I had left all my expansive windows open.

Around lunch, mom called and told me that Ella had finished cooking lunch. My parents have a full time maid who cooks lunch everyday, cleans the house, and does laundry. Due to mom’s mental illness she cannot cook or clean so dad hired Ella to make sure mom gets one good meal a day and the house stays immaculate.

Ella cooks traditional southern style food. I have grown accustomed to everyday walking over to my parent’s house to get a good, home-cooked meal. Ella always cooks for an army. Today’s meal was ham steaks, candied sweet potatoes, turnip greens w/ hamhocks, fried okra, potato salad, and corn bread. I ate my lunch and then went in to mom’s bedroom to sit and talk awhile.

Mom was wrapped up in the covers of her bed and her cat, muffin, was atop of her. She basically just lies in the bed all day and reads books all night. She says her schedule is mixed up. I talked to her for awhile and then had to head home to get ready for work.

I think this job is going to work out for me. So far things have gone really well and I have done well so far. I am not really doing this for the money, but mainly to help my father. It feels good to know that he now trusts me so much and I am getting to help in the prosperity of his business. Today was mainly just delivering medications to all my father’s homebound customers that are too elderly to drive and get out. It only took around 3 hours and I got paid $30 bucks to boot. That money is nice and all if it is going into an envelope and hidden to help me get up the money to buy a new computer. My current computer is aging and is now 2 years old.

Well, anyways, I hope you all are having a good day. Thanks for reading and the comments as always. I am now going to settle down the for evening and go curl up into my bed with a good book until I fall asleep.

No comments: