Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Moon Shine

I had turned off all my lights in preparation for bed. I walked back into my den for one last pipe. It was illuminated by the ethereal light of the moon shining through my closed Venetian blinds. It was a moment in time and distinctly caught my attention. I stood there noticing the dark shadows juxtaposed amongst the bright light. I opened my blinds slightly to let the light come flooding in. I looked out to see a full moon greeting me.

Oh, how I longed for a full moon during my homeless days. That light during those cold, dark nights was comforting. It made me feel not so alone. I had a companion who traveled the vastness of space above me.

This moment tonight made me reflect on those cold, early mornings where the frost covered the ground. The only light to illuminate my way was the moon and a thousand stars. I remember looking up into the sky as my breath in the cold air obscured my view. Moon shine; you still bring me comfort.

No comments: