Sunday, July 23, 2006

A dollar a day keeps the doldrums away…

Momma called me tonight wondering why I haven’t been coming over to get my dollar for my AA meeting. To be frank, I have been lazy. A trip to my parent’s house often means dressing up and putting on airs.

“I have been worried about you,” Mom said.

“Oh, I have been fine,” I replied. “Don’t worry.”

I need to make a habit out of going over there and getting that dollar just to assuage mom’s worries. She is such a kind soul for doing that for me.

I was kind of taken aback at the comments I got on my last post about Carolyn. I didn’t think three words could carry such weight. I mainly said last night’s “I love you,” out of obligations. I do love her though. She has become a special soul in my life. I think about her often throughout the day. If it were up to me, she would be around constantly and not have to work that menial job at Fat Albert’s.

No comments: