Friday, July 14, 2006

Status Quo

Not much has gone on around here the past few days. I spent all day yesterday cleaning my house from stem to stern in anticipation of moving to my new home. I got my house spotless and it feels so nice. I even got down on my hands and knees and scrubbed all my tile kitchen floors and got them looking like brand new. I am going to get to working on the yard this weekend.

George never showed up for last nights meeting. It reminded me of that old saying that you can lead a mule to water, but you can’t make it drink. I’ve done what I could in that matter and the rest will have to be up to George. I went ahead and went to last night’s closed discussion AA meeting. The chairperson put pressure on me to talk, but I just wanted to listen last night and declined to speak. That is the hardest thing for me about those AA meetings; the pressure they put upon you on such occasions.

I did have my every two week injection this morning. I bled terribly today and there was a puddle of blood on the floor and blood got all over my underwear and shorts. It completely freaked the nurse out. She also almost messed up the injection by not preparing it correctly. I caught her mistake before disaster occurred. Those injections cost $260 dollars a piece.

Well, I have some meatloaf in the oven and some potatoes boiling on the stove. I need to go drain the potatoes and get them in my mixer to make mashed potatoes. I needed some comfort food today and look forward to today's lunch and the left over meatloaf sandwiches for days to come. Good day.

No comments: