Thursday, July 27, 2006

Half Way House

Well, my father wants to put me in a half way house for drunks. I am unsure of what to do in this matter. At least he doesn’t have power of attorney over me. He said the police have been calling about me, but frankly I think that is bullshit. Why would they not just call me if the matter pertains to me? I am a grown man after all. I didn’t even leave the house much during my drinking spree. I walked down to Fred’s to buy the mouthwash.

Dad also came over last night and took all my money away and the remaining mouthwash I still had. He also took away my 9mm pistol as he was afraid I was going to kill myself. This coddling he seems to do grows so tiresome and aggravating. I am at my wit’s end at what to do over this matter. I know he means well, but I am a grown man and even if I do drink mouthwash then it should be a decision for me to make.

Dad then asked me what I do with my days and I said, “I write.” He forcefully read the whole of my journal last night and said that “I am a danger to my family” by writing about my life and the gang. He is going to terminate my internet access as it is in his deceased mother’s name. Unfortunately, due to my mental illness, he is my representative payee for my monthly SSDI money and I have no control over it. I can choose a new representative payee at any time, but I don’t know who would be willing to act in this capacity. I do believe the county adult services will act in this capacity for me.

I called Dad this morning and asked about the police matter. He vaguely said that I have been acting in a weird capacity and that they were worried about me. I then asked him for some money and he said no. He is going to come over and give me some Librium before work to calm me down. I do think it is time for me to start living homeless again and to change the person that acts as my representative payee. It is just going to be a pain in the ass to accomplish all this though. It will involve countless phone calls (which I hate) and possible much paperwork.

No comments: