Friday, July 21, 2006

Two is Company; Three is a Crowd

I awoke this morning to a crowded bed. It reminded me of a scene from Erskine Caldwell’s book Tobacco Road were all the poor country bumpkins slept together in one bed. Carolyn was snuggled up against the wall and Maggie was between us. Two is company; three is a crowd as they say. Maggie looked at me with her head poked out from under the covers like, “Time to go take a wee yet?” I crawled out of bed slipping on my bedroom slippers and my robe and went to go let her out. Carolyn whimpered, rolled over, wrapped herself up tightly in my covers and went back to sleep.

I vaguely remember Carolyn coming in last night. I had only gotten two hours of sleep the night before and was dead to the world. No, we were both too tired to do anything if that is what you are wondering. The only thing sexual that happened last night is that she pulled my arm around her and placed my hand upon her breast as I held her. That was the last thing I remembered before falling fast asleep again.

I am going to let Carolyn sleep as I go take Maggie out to the veterinarians to get her sutures out this morning. That might take a few hours depending on how busy Dr. Thomas is today. Then I will come home and fix us a grand brunch of Clark Brother’s sausage and ham and cheddar cheese omelets. Hopefully, by then, Carolyn will be up and about. Well, let me go get dressed and get Maggie loaded up into the car. I fear she already associates riding in the car with going to the dreaded veterinarian. I need to start taking her on daily rides to de-condition her of this assumption. Good day.

No comments: