Wednesday, July 05, 2006

For Jade to Answer her Comments

If I remember correctly, you wanted to know why my neighbor’s don’t let me keep Rosie while they are gone on such trips. They really didn’t know Rosie comes over here all the time until lately. Todd (my neighbor) sent the kids out on a search party for Rosie just before their trip. They went around the neighbor’s houses looking for her by knocking on doors. They finally came by my house and the kids came inside and got Rosie. They also live several houses down from me and we all have huge yards, and we are not really on a first name basis per se. I see them only in passing.

My father knows about Rosie coming in with me, but disapproves. Rosie is a very old dog and I think this tends to temper his disapproval a bit. He just doesn’t want this new puppy to get in the habit of staying inside all the time. Growing up we always had dogs and they were always outside dogs. Our dogs were never allowed to come inside unless it was the most inclement of weather, and even then they would be relegated to the basement. My father’s mother was the same way about animals in the house as well. My father once got a parakeet as a gift one time. My grandmother “accidentally” let it fly out the door as she was housecleaning not long after he received it as a pet. Like mother, like son, I guess as they say.

No comments: