Tuesday, September 05, 2006

As the World Turns…

I am sitting here in this beautiful park scribbling in my notebook. Three squirrels are busy foraging in the green grass that spreads before me like an expansive, lush carpet. You can hear thunder rumbling on the horizon. It has been an overcast day which has kept the temperatures wonderfully cool. Deputy Fife just drove by in his golf cart making sure that chaos was not breaking out in this deserted corner of the world. I can’t help but smile when I see him riding by looking so full of purpose and seriousness.

I made the mistake of telling my mother where I spend most of my days. She has been bringing me a plate of food out to the park which is only a short drive from their home. Today, my father’s cook prepared chicken and dumplings and biscuits. I had forgotten how delicious homemade chicken and dumplings could be.

No comments: