Thursday, September 21, 2006

You Will Never Read my Blog Again the Same…

Windows XP Clear Type

This is a little tip using Windows XP that I have been using for years now. It makes the fonts on blogs and web pages much more readable. Once you try it, you will never go back. This only works for Windows XP users.

  • Right click on your desktop and select Properties.

  • Left click on the Appearance tab.

  • Left click on the button titled Effects.

  • There will be a check box titled, “Use the following method to smooth the edges of screen fonts.”

  • Use the pull down menu and select Clear Type. Make sure the box is checked.

  • Left click on "OK."


You are now using a form of anti-aliasing on the fonts you see. Everything reads much more clear especially on LCD screens. Try it. You will love it. It makes reading blogs much, much more easy for us Windows XP users. It makes an amazing difference in the legibility of the written words on a blog. I couldn't read blogs without it.

5 comments:

Summer said...

Andrew... I am a nurse and I gave more shots, drew more blood and administred more treatments today than I have in a long time. I love my patients, all of them. I'll try the clear type and your recipe and I'll wish Carolyn the best. She needs some rest, I feel it in your words.

I hope you're not gone for long. Peace to you.

abbagirl74 said...

Sorry, but I can't get it to work. I am such a total dork. I have Windows xp, but I can read most blogs just fine. Maybe I will try again later.

Justus3girls said...

I have Windows XP and I had to go to the Control Panel then Display to find Appearance then Andrews instructions from there on - try that abbagirl74, yours may be the same.

Thanks Andrew - everything kind of pops out now.

abbagirl74 said...

Thank you Justus. It worked. It seems as though all of the words are bold. It looks a lot better. My eyes are terrible as it is.

2 The World U R 1 Person, 2 1 Person U R The World said...

Andrew,
I just emailed you last night, in said that I always enjoy your posts no matter what the topic. Including this one!
From what I've read in your blog, you seem quite knowledgable. I have a suggestion/request.
I know I would love it if you shared your knowledge with us if you feel it's something we could benefit from. Some of us while know enough to get by, and have some other knowledge, would love to get some tips and tricks. Sometimes I come across a tip that is so basic, but I had no clue about.
Just my opinion. Totally up to you because it is YOUR blog and it's contents are your decision and yours alone.
Have a good day!
Liz