Sunday, September 17, 2006

Change of Plans…

I and Carolyn ended up eating at Sushi Huku, a Japanese restaurant, due to my insistence this evening. I was in the mood for authentic Asian cuisine. The food at The Varsity always gives me terrible heartburn afterwards.

“This place is really cool,” Carolyn said as we sat down upon the floor on pillows around the low lying table Japanese dining style.

“Yeah, Rachel (my ex-wife) loved for me to bring her up here to eat,” I replied. “I found this place on a lark one evening searching for restaurants on the internet. We had had a big argument and I took her up here to say sorry. She had a fixation with all things Asian. I spent a fortune keeping her in kimonos off of E-bay.”

Before long, out came our food. I had a bento box with teriyaki marinated and grilled chicken, steamed rice and various Japanese condiments. Carolyn ate a platter of various sushi offerings freshly prepared by the sushi chef.

“How did you learn to use chopsticks so well?” She asked as she watched me eat.

I was in the middle of deftly placing a piece of chicken in my mouth.

“I ate far too much take-out Chinese in college,” I replied with my mouth full of food. “Chopsticks were convenient for a college student living in a dorm without a kitchen.”

We finished our meal and then headed for the mall. It was crazy in there I tell you. Crowds like that make me nervous. Carolyn bought some new shirts and a pair of slacks. I managed to find me a nice suede leather jacket on sale which was still too expensive but I bought it anyway. I never buy things other than the bare necessities and felt I could splurge tonight.

2 comments:

abbagirl74 said...

Good for you on the jacket. I love to shop! Yet, what girl doesn't. I am glad to hear that you like authentic Asian food. My mom is the best cook I know when it comes to Korean food. Glad you had a good time.

Anonymous said...

Do you frequently mention your ex with Caroline?