Friday, September 29, 2006

Goin’ to the Beach…uh huh…

Well, it seems I get to go to the beach after all if only for three days. Mom, Dad, my brother, and his wife drove on over to Charleston, SC after the game and will be staying until Sunday. They then head for Florida on Monday. I called them tonight worried when they hadn’t gotten home. I didn’t know they were going to Charleston.

“It thrilled me to death that you would call worried about us,” Dad said. “Glad you are keeping up with us. You are doing so well these days.”

My father wanted me to ride down with his best friend, Charlie, on next Friday when Charlie gets off. We are headed for Florida. I plan on soaking up the sun on the beach for a few days and eating lots of delectable seafood. The condo is a hundred yard walk from the beach. Dad thought a whole week of getting me out of my schedules and routines would get me off kilter thus the reason for the only three day visit. He is probably right. I am a creature of habit and much like Charlie’s autistic son about such things.

Liz wrote a comment on my previous post about being lonely and I know that feeling very well tonight. There is just something so comforting knowing my family is only a walk across two yards away. Carolyn also has to work tonight so I can’t rely on her to squelch this lonely feeling I am experiencing. She goes in soon at eleven. I am sure I will get a call from her from work though once she gets settled in if Fat Albert’s is slow. I expect them to be busy after all the local high school games let out though. Bless her little soul. Maybe she won’t get any stalkers tonight.

1 comment:

Summer said...

You lucky duck. Have fun!